Maria C. Scott, M.D.
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK Surgery
Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
Dr. Maria C. Scott is the founder and medical director of Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center and the medical director of TLC Laser Eye Center Annapolis. One of the nation’s most respected cataract surgeons, the number of surgeries she has performed places her among the top cataract surgeons in the mid-Atlantic region and in the top 10 percent of cataract surgeons in the country. A board certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Scott's experience, skill and personal demeanor have earned her great respect among patients as well as colleagues in the medical community.
Dr. Scott’s passion to improve her patients’ quality of life is evident throughout every aspect of the practice. Always ahead of the curve, she is often the first to offer new techniques and treatments to her patients. Recognized as a leader in her industry, she trains and supervises other ophthalmologists in laser vision correction and hosts symposiums throughout the year in order to keep her colleagues abreast of the latest ophthalmic treatments. She is an attending surgeon at Anne Arundel Medical Center and Washington Hospital Center, and shares her experience with other practices around the country.
A graduate of Philadelphia’s Jefferson Medical College, Dr. Scott is a member of the prestigious Society for Excellence in Eyecare, an organization of eye care specialists personally selected and recognized for their leadership and innovation. She is a member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Women Leaders, Women in Ophthalmology and the American College of Eye Surgeons. Since 2011, she has served on the board of directors of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Founda¬tion. She is also a member of the Jefferson Alumni Executive Committee and is a former Board Member of BankAnnapolis.
Accolades from peers in the medical community as well as from patients have brought Dr. Scott numerous awards, including What’s Up? Annapolis “Top Doc” honors, The Capital Gazette’s “Reader’s Choice for Ophthalmology”, Bay Weekly's "Best of the Bay - Best Place for LASIK", and the Vitals’ “Patients’ Choice for Top Ophthalmologist.”
Dr. Scott, who lives in Annapolis with her husband, two children and teacup poodle, enjoys waterskiing on the Severn River, tennis and snow skiing in her leisure time.
- Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, Department of Ophthalmology, Chief Resident
- Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ, Internship
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, M.D.
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, B.S.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Ophthalmic Women Leaders
- Society for Excellence in Eyecare
- Women in Ophthalmology
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Board of Directors
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society Board of Directors
- Jefferson Alumni Executive Committee
- Former Board Member of BankAnnapolis
HONORS & AWARDS
- What’s Up? Annapolis “Top Doc” (2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013)
- Chesapeake Family “Favorite Doc” (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- The Capital Gazette “Reader’s Choice for Ophthalmology” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Bay Weekly's "Best of the Bay - Best Place for LASIK" (2013)
- Vitals “Patients’ Choice Award for Top Ophthalmologist” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Vitals “Most Compassionate Doctor” (2012, 2013)
- VISX “Star” Surgeon Award for the top 100 LASIK surgeons in the U.S.