Heather A. Nesti, M.D.
- Cataract Surgery
Glaucoma & Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Heather A. Nesti is a partner with Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center. A board certified ophthalmologist, she offers patients the latest surgical techniques for both glaucoma and cataract surgery. In 2012 and 2013, she was honored with a “Patient’s Choice” award from Vitals. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and is the Co-Chief of the Ophthalmology Department at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
Educated and skilled in the most advanced treatments for glaucoma, Dr. Nesti creates a specific plan for each patient using a combination of medications, lasers and surgery to control the disease and prevent further damage. For her cataract patients, Dr. Nesti offers the most advanced laser technology and intraocular lens options to allow them to see near, far and everything in between – often without the need for glasses after surgery. Her expertise in these subspecialties is significant for patients who have both glaucoma and cataracts.
Prior to joining Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center, she trained at Philadelphia’s prestigious Wills Eye Hospital where she was the co-chief of her residency program and completed a fellowship in glaucoma. She earned her medical degree, cum laude, from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia after graduating with a B.A. in biology, cum laude, from the University of Delaware. Throughout her academic career, she was the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the honor of receiving the James B. Shipman Award for best resident scientific paper at the Wills Eye Hospital Annual Conference in 2003 and the Bausch & Lomb Young Investigators Award Travel Grant in 2003.
Dr. Nesti, who lives in Crownsville with her husband and three children, enjoys outdoor activities such as biking, swimming, ice skating, skiing with her three active kids and spending time with family and friends.
- Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Fellowship in Clinical and Surgical Glaucoma
- Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Ophthalmology Residency, Co-Chief Resident
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Upland, PA, Transitional Internship
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, M.D., cum laude
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE, B.A. in Biology, cum laude
- American Academy of Ophthal¬mology
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Co-Chief Ophthalmology Department, Anne Arundel Medical Center
HONORS & AWARDS
- What’s Up? Annapolis “Top Doc” (2017- 2018)
- Chesapeake Family “Favorite Doc” (2014, 2016, 2017)
- Vitals “Patients’ Choice Award for Top Ophthalmologist” (2012, 2013)
- AOA Medical Honor Society member, Jefferson Medical College