Orin M. Zwick, M.D.
- Oculofacial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Aesthetic Services
Dr. Orin M. Zwick joined the practice in 2006. As a partner at Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center, his specialty is Oculofacial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. This specialty encompasses medical management and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the structures surrounding the eye. Dr. Zwick performs surgery of the eyelids and eyebrows when there is drooping skin or weak muscles, eyelid malpositions including lids turning inward or outward, and removal and repair of benign or malignant eyelid lesions. He also treats tear duct (lacrimal) problems that can cause watering eyes or infections, difficulty closing eyes from problems such as facial nerve palsy, spasms of the eyelids, orbital inflammatory problems such as thyroid eye disease, orbital fractures and orbital tumors. He also performs non-surgical cosmetic enhancements such as Botox injections and dermal facial fillers.
An attending surgeon at Anne Arundel Medical Center, Dr. Zwick’s philosophy regarding cosmetic and reconstructive procedures is to strive for aesthetic improvements that are natural and harmonious with each patient’s individual features.
Dr. Zwick received his B.S. from Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y. He returned to his hometown of Philadelphia to attend MCP-Hahnemann University School of Medicine, where he received his medical degree. He then completed his ophthalmology residency at Temple University in Philadelphia, where he was selected to be chief resident in his final year. Because of his passion for teaching and positive attitude, Dr. Zwick received the Guy Chan Award for Excellence in Teaching. He then completed his subspecialty training with a two-year intensive fellowship in oculoplastic surgery at the prestigious University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Zwick is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is the author of numerous articles in his field and lectures at scientific meetings. He currently trains physicians from the Oculoplastics Fellowship Program at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore on current surgical techniques. He is a member of the Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Zwick lives in Annapolis with his wife and two children. His greatest joy is hanging out with his family and watching his two girls laughing and enjoying life. During his spare time, he enjoys cooking, painting and catching up on movies.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA: Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA: Resident in Ophthalmology
- MCP-Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA: M.D.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY: B.S.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
HONORS & AWARDS
- What’s Up? Annapolis “Top Doc” (2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Chesapeake Family “Favorite Doc” (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017)
- Vitals “Patients’ Choice Award for Top Ophthalmologist” (2012, 2013)
- Vitals “Most Compassionate Doctor Award” (2012)