Maria C. Scott, M.D.
Dr. Maria C. Scott is Chief Medical Officer of Vision Innovation Partners, founding partner and medical director of Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center and Chesapeake Eye Surgery Center, and the medical director of TLC Laser Eye Center Annapolis. One of the nation’s most respected cataract and refractive surgeons, the number of surgeries she has performed places her among the top cataract surgeons in the mid-Atlantic region and in the top 5 percent of cataract surgeons in the country. A board certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Scott's experience, skill and personal demeanor have earned her great respect among patients as well as colleagues in the medical community.
Dr. Scott’s passion to improve her patients’ quality of life is evident throughout every aspect of the practice. Always ahead of the curve, she strives to offer the latest techniques and treatments to her patients. Recognized as a leader in her industry, she trains and supervises other ophthalmologists in laser vision correction and cataract surgery, and hosts symposiums throughout the year in order to keep her colleagues abreast of the latest ophthalmic treatments. She is an attending surgeon at Anne Arundel Medical Center and Washington Hospital Center, and shares her experience with other practices around the country.
A graduate of Philadelphia’s Jefferson Medical College, Dr. Scott is a member of the prestigious Society for Excellence in Eyecare, an organization of eye care specialists personally selected and recognized for their leadership and innovation and CEDARS/ASPENS, an organization of 75 key opinion leaders in ophthalmology. She is also a member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Women Leaders, Women in Ophthalmology and the American College of Eye Surgeons. She currently serves on the J&J Global Advisory Board and as a Jefferson Alumni Class Agent Cabinet Member.
Dr. Scott is a past president of Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgical Society and has served as a Counselor for the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is a graduate of their Leadership Development Program. She previously served on the board of directors of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation and as a member of the Community Care Network at Anne Arundel Medical Center. She was also a member of the Jefferson Alumni Executive Committee and is a former Board Member of BankAnnapolis.
Accolades from peers in the medical community as well as from patients have brought Dr. Scott numerous awards, including MillennialEYE's "Outstanding Female Leader in Ophthalmology," What’s Up? Annapolis' “Top Doc” honors, The Capital Gazette’s “Reader’s Choice for Ophthalmology”, Bay Weekly's "Best of the Bay - Best Place for LASIK", and the Vitals’ “Patients’ Choice for Top Ophthalmologist.”
Dr. Scott, who lives in Annapolis with her husband, two children and teacup poodle, enjoys sailing and waterskiing on the Severn River, travel, snow skiing, tennis, trap shooting, pickleball and golf in her leisure time.
- Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, Department of Ophthalmology, Chief Resident
- Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ, Internship
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, M.D.
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, B.S.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- American Society of Progressive Enterprising Surgeons
- Ophthalmic Women Leaders
- Society for Excellence in Eyecare
- Women in Ophthalmology
- Community Care Network, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Board Member of BankAnnapolis
- Jefferson Alumni Executive Committee
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society Board of Directors
- Vision Innovation Partners Board of Directors; Chief Medical Officer
HONORS & AWARDS
- The Ophthalmologist's "Top 100 Female Influencers" (2021)
- MillennialEYE "Outstanding Female Leader in Ophthalmology" (2020)
- What’s Up? Annapolis “Top Doc” (2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Chesapeake Family “Favorite Doc” (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- The Capital Gazette “Reader’s Choice for Ophthalmology” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- Bay Weekly's "Best of the Bay - Best Place for LASIK" (2013)
- Vitals “Patients’ Choice Award for Top Ophthalmologist” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Vitals “Most Compassionate Doctor” (2012, 2013)
- VISX “Star” Surgeon Award for the top 100 LASIK surgeons in the U.S.